The Best Binary Options Broker 2020!
Perfect Choice For Beginners!
Free Demo Account!
Free Trading Education!
Get Your Sing-Up Bonus Now!
Only For Experienced Traders!
Binary Options vs Forex
Binary Options vs Forex Which One You Should Choose?
Binary Options vs Forex | If you are just about to start investing, you may wonder which one you should choose. Or maybe you have tried other one and you are thinking if you should change to the other? Or maybe you have just another reason why you want to compare the two and to know if superior in some way. In this article I will go through pros and cons of both so that you have easier decision to choose the one that fits your personal preferences better.
Binary Options are actually a new form of investment, while foreign exchange trading has been for as long as there have been various currencies. Therefore, it is obvious that the currency markets are much bigger by turnover. In fact, they are the world’s largest market, currency trading takes place five days a week 24 hours a day averaging over $ 5 trillion per day. When you invest in currencies, you are directly competing against other top professional investors such as Warren Buffett and George Soros.
Binary options markets are hundreds of time smaller than currency markets, and there are surprisingly small number of professional investors involved. Also, investors have much more trading assets to choose from than currency traders have. In addition to that, only a few people know how to use auto traders like binary option robot, when for currency traders, highly sophisticated trading software is almost a necessity.
Binary options trading is much easier for novice investor than forex trading
How Binary Option Robot Can Change Your Life? Check This Out!
Which One Should You Choose Binary Option vs Forex? Read Out Thorough Investigation And Find Out Which One Is Better And the Reasons Why?
How to Make Money with Binary Option Robot
Top Binary Option Robots in Russia
Claim your free binary option robot, get started with three easy steps:
- Name of Robot
- Min. Investment
- Min. Deposit
1. Your Binary Option Robot will analyse the market and decide, which asset (currencies, indices, commodities and stocks), is right to trade at that point in time.
2. The Binary Option Robot Will Predict the Price Movement
Your robot will assess a wide-range of factors, and then make a prediction on how the assets price will move, saying: Call (up) if it believes the price will rise and Put (down), if it believes the price will fall.
3. Decide on how much you want to Invest
Then you need to decide how much you want to invest in the commodity and when that investment will expire.
4. Collect your Earnings
Finally, you collect your earnings (the good part!)
TABLE OF CONTENT
Main Reasons To Choose Binary Options
First I’ll go through the main points why you should choose binary options over forex. After that I will tell you what kind of investors should choose forex trading over binary options. Basically, by far the majority of investors binary options fit much better, while currency trading is suitable for a small minority of people who are able to specialize and possess certain characteristics.
- With binary options, you have much wider selection of different trading assets. In currency trading you trade only currencies. Binary Options allows you to trade, forex, commodities, indices, stocks and basically any investment with a variable value. This is limited only to what the broker is willing to take to the selection. Unless you only want to trade currencies, this is huge factor and main reason to choose binary options.
- In binary options trading, competition is not that fierce, at least not yet. As already mentioned, the foreign exchange market is world’s largest market by turnover, where participants are the world’s smartest and most successful investors. In foreign exchange market, you are competing directly against these investors. In binary options investing, competition is still at a very low level. The main reason is that with the really large sums, direct investment in equities is cheaper. This gives a great opportunity to investors who are investing with smaller amounts, the toughest competitors are totally absent and all the talented mid-level competitors are so far absent also. You should use this great opportunity now while you still have time.
- Binary options investor gets access to much greater bonuses. In foreign exchange market, competition is relatively stable due to its long history. Sometimes new viable comes into the market and shakes it a little bit by offering cheaper prices, but usually consumer will have to settle with what is currently offered. In binary options trading, markets are still constantly developing. New brokers appears every day, and they are trying to attract customers to themselves with large and juicy bonuses and benefits. For you as an investor this is a great thing, all freedom of choice is left to you.
- As a binary options investor, there is a number of great software available for free. Intense competition does not extend purely into brokers, also different software developers are having tough competition because of scarcity of customers. As a result, the best applications such as The Real Robot, Binary Hedge Fund, Binary Stealth, Copyop, PayDay FM and OptionBot 2.0 are all available completely free of charge for now. This may not continue for very long so I recommend you to register all of these through our links while you still can. In this way, you ensure that you will have them for free in the future also if they become chargeable. On the other hand, best forex software costs at least thousands of dollars, and if you want that you have any hope of progression as an investor, you are practically forced to use these. This will drive investors with little money into hopeless situation.
- With binary options you know exactly what your payout will be if you hit right. In forex trading, you can never know exactly how much you will earn in the best case or lose at worst case. This makes the choosing of right investment amount extremely difficult. Sometimes you will have the risk a bigger sum what was originally intended. With binary options, you know beforehand exactly what is your potential winning and what is the potential loss amount if the investment goes wrong.
- With binary options, you choose beforehand when you wanna close the position. Some investors may view this as a disadvantage, but I think this is clearly an advantage. When binary options investment has been set, you do not have to worry about or keep track of it in any way if you do not want. You can spend time with your family or even go to the beach. In forex trading, you need to follow the changes in value of the investment continuously and to consider whether now is the best time to close the position or would it be perhaps sometime in the future. At worst, you will not be able to do anything other than follow the investment.
- There is no transaction costs in binary options. Binary options investor do not pay any transaction costs. Expenses are in fact already directly tied to payout percentage. In forex trading transaction costs can be quite high and the minimum costs can make investing with small amounts unprofitable.
Candlestick chart is the most common form of forex chart
Main Reasons To Choose Forex Trading
Forex trading fits better for a small number of experienced investors who know for sure what they are doing and invest in larger sums. If you invest in currencies using mere intuition, you will only lose your money.
- If you have comprehensive expertise about the currency markets. There I mean the know-how that comes from years of studying and practical experimentation. That is, if your expertise is such a high level that the acquisition of the same skills with binary options would take you a really long time. You also have to remember that skills must be such that you can apply it directly to the practice profitably. Mere theoretical knowledge without the ability to apply does not take you very far.
- You want to invest only really large amounts of money. Most of the binary options brokers allows you to invest only up to $ 5000 at one time. Some of us this amount may be too small. In currency trading, you can set investments worth even tens of millions of investment at once. With such a large sums, transaction costs are also significantly lower proportionally what they would be in binary options.
- If you are not interested in other trading assets except currencies. If you’re absolutely sure you want to invest exclusively currencies in the future also, currency trading is probably a better option. Even in that case I recommend to starting with binary options using small amounts of money and gathering some knowledge before you decide to convert fully only in currencies.,
The Difference Between Forex and Binary Options
Though it looks similar, the binary and the forex trading is very different from each other and it is of high importance to understand the differences in order to be successful.
The binary options are contracts which have a fixed risk and reward ratio. The binary options trading requires you to predict the direction of an underlying asset within stipulated duration. The binary options are available for commodities, stocks, indices, and currency pairs. The traders are informed their reward upfront in case their prediction turns out to be correct.
Binary trading, as the name suggests and as explained earlier, requires you to predict the direction of the asset. The setup is very simple; traders get 80 percent payout in case their prediction is right. For example, if you invest $ 100 on USD/JPY and payouts is 80 percent for the winning trade, in this scenario if you predict that the USD/JPY will move higher at expiry and if that turns out to be true then you receive your investment amount ($ 100) plus the payouts (80 % of $ 100 that is $ 80), totaling to $ 180, however, if the USD/JPY moves in the opposite direction of your prediction then you will lose your investment amount of $ 100.
To be a successful binary options trader, you must win a majority of your trades. While in the case of the forex trading, you are allowed to set your profit target and stop loss for the trade, which allows you to make a profit even if the underlying does not achieve your set targets. So, in the case of the forex trading, the traders can make money even if they do not win a majority of their trades.
Both the forms of trading are tradeable online, and also you can start trading with small capital. Traders speculate on the movement of the underlying in both the markets and if the prediction is true both reward the traders with the handsome amount.
In binary options trading, the traders predict the direction of the next move within certain time period. In this way, there is no variability in the risk or the profit potential. As the name suggest, the binary market operates on only two outcomes (Up of Down).
While in the case of the forex market, the traders are required to predict the direction but also they have to estimate how high or how low the asset can go. This way there is an uncertainty in terms of the return and a higher risk.
The forex market doesn’t have a ceiling on how much money one can make or one can lose unless the trader’s use risk mitigation tools like stop-loss which limits the amount of loss one can have in a transaction. Meaning, the trade will automatically close if the stop loss has been hit. Similarly, the trader can decide how much money they want to make by deciding the value at which they want to close the trade.
So, in the case of the binary options, the maximum amount of loss could be the entire investment amount whereas in the case of the forex the risk can be mitigated by using certain tools.
The binary options trade with specific expiry durations and once the trade has been initiated, the traders have no control till the expiry over their transaction. Each and every binary option have a specific expiry attached to it and the trader needs to select the expiry before initiating the trade. Though some brokers allow closing the trade before expiry with restricted payout options, the majority of the brokers does not allow to close the trade before expiry.
However, the forex trading allows you to initiate and close the trade whenever you want. The rollover is possible in case of the forex trading while the majority of the binary broker does not offer this facility.
The forex trading allows to invest higher capital with the leverage allowed by the FX broker, but such facility is not available with the binary options trading. This allows the forex trader make higher winning with limited investment but in the case of the binary trading, the trader can only allow investing the money which is available on the account or the amount which is restricted as per the brokerage site.
The binary trading offers 5 variants of the trading types. These options are high or low, 60 seconds, one touch, boundary, and option builder. Whereas, the forex trading offers several option types for the trading including buy or sell, limit, stop, One Cancels the Other, trailing stop, hedge amongst others.
Although the forex trading and the binary options trading look similar, there are some striking differences and one should be aware of these before initiating their first trade.
Pros and Cons of The Forex and Binary Trading
In the recent past, the binary options trading has seen an unprecedented rise. The little known binary options of early 2000, now have more than 400 operators who offer binary trading.
Accepted, that the binary options trading is growing at a rapid rate but why you should indulge in it? Or why should you learn a new trading platform when you are already deep into forex trading? Is it really superior to already known trading mechanisms?
There are several advantages and disadvantages of the forex trading and the binary trading. The following text describes some of the most pros and cons, and hopefully, it will assist you in making the selection.
The biggest advantage of the binary trading is that the traders are aware of the maximum risk per trade, and it is the amount of money the trader invest in the underlying. Certain brokers, also allow you to close the trade before the expiry allowing you to further cut the losses, of course with certain conditions.
However, the same is not true for the forex trading. Even if with stop losses, you cannot be 100 percent sure that you will lose only the pre-decided amount. Though less likely, there is a chance that you may lose higher amount due to slippages, illiquid asset, price jumps, technical issues, amongst others.
In the case of the binary trading, except high or low options, the strike prices are set by the broker and even if you have a fair idea on how an underlying asset will behave, you cannot place an order to be executed at certain price points. On the other hand, the forex market offers the flexibility of placing limit orders or market orders during market hours to suit your requirements.
In an open trade, there are limited brokers in the binary arena who allows you to close before the expiry with certain conditions while the majority of the broker disallow pre-closing of open trade. On the other side, the forex trading allows you to close the trade even after 1 second of opening the trade, giving you a complete control over your transaction.
If you are on a winning trade, then the forex trading allows you to scale the investment and gain higher returns, whereas, the risk and rewards are fixed in the case of the binary options trading.
The forex trading attracts transaction costs in terms of a brokerage or spread or both. Whereas, in the case of the binary trading there is no addition cost for trading the instruments.
Unlike, the forex trading which has only one asset type for trading, the binary options have evolved to provide trading in commodities, stocks, indices, and currency pairs. This is one of the biggest advantages as one can diversify the trading portfolio by staying only with one broker whereas the same cannot be said for the forex brokers.
This is another advantage for the binary options traders. As the traders are well aware in advance the maximum loss they can incur in a single trade. So the events which induce high volatility in the market have a limited impact while trading with the binary options. Also, along with the risk, the reward is also fixed in the case of binary trading, and there is no possibility of scaling in more amount to gain higher rewards.
Whereas, in the case of the forex trading, the market reacts to events and sometimes the reactions cases heavy volatility increasing your risk multiple times. For instance, if you have taken a position in a specific currency pair expecting it to move higher, an unfavorable event can crash the prices of the currency pair, giving you no time to cover your losses. This way the volatility risk is very high in the case of the forex trading compared that with the binary options trading.
The errors in entering the trade are very low in the case of the binary trading as there is only one action which needs to be taken which is to open the trade and the rest is being done by the software. The binary options trading does not offer limit orders or stop losses for adjustments, these have their own advantages and disadvantages.
Even if you are a professional trader in the forex trading, your one mistake has potential to wipe your entire account. For instance, you forgot to exit from an open trade and the tide has turned unfavorable, in that case, the trade will continue till you may lose the total amount available for the trading in your account. Such errors will never occur in the binary trading, as the expiry is set and the trade will close automatically limiting the loss only up to your per trade investment amount.
As discussed above, both the platform provides ample opportunity for the traders to make money and both offers distinct advantages and disadvantages over others. The above text provides definite insights into both the trading world. However, the ultimate decision of selecting the trading market rests in your hand.
Best Binary Options Broker To Start With
My number one recommendation is IQ Option, the best broker site there is. When you invest with IQ Option you can be sure that you can start easily and effortlessly. They have comprehensive learning materials, friendly customer service and brilliant bonuses. Besides all that you know that your money is fully secured with one of the world’s most trusted broker sites. When you open an account to IQ Option by clicking the button below you are qualified to get 100% bonus when you deposit at least $ 200. Unfortunately, IQ Option does not accept US customers, so if you are from the United States, I recommend reading our GOptions, CTOption of Porter Finance reviews.
Conclusion: Binary Options vs Forex
As you may have came across many times in this article already, my personal recommendation, especially for novice investors is definitely binary options. You get to compete against other beginners from the same starting line, and you will also might find that investing can be really fun. Forex trading is a hard game dominated by experienced professionals. For a novice trader, it is really hard to make profit with forex trading, most likely result is a rapid loss of money. If you are nonetheless fascinated by the currencies I recommend investing in them by using binary options.
How to Succeed with Binary Options Trading 2020
Welcome to the largest expert guide to binary options and binary trading online. BinaryOptions.net has educated traders globally since 2020 and all our articles are written by professionals who make a living in the finance industry and online trading. We have close to a thousand articles and reviews to guide you to be a more profitable trader in 2020 no matter what your current experience level is. If you wish to discuss trading or brokers with other traders, we also have the world’s largest forum with over 20 000 members and lots of daily activity. Read on to get started trading today!
Top Brokers in Russia
Binary.com $5 90% » Visit Binomo $10 90% » Visit BDSwiss $10 N/A » Visit Spectre $10 (ETH) Up to 200%* » Visit OptionField $5 93% Pro Account Discount and 10% Cashback » Visit
What is a Binary Option and How Do You Make Money?
A binary option is a fast and extremely simple financial instrument which allows investors to speculate on whether the price of an asset will go up or down in the future, for example the stock price of Google, the price of Bitcoin, the USD/GBP exchange rate, or the price of gold. The time span can be as little as 60 seconds, making it possible to trade hundreds of times per day across any global market.
Before you place a trade you know exactly how much you stand to gain if your prediction is correct, usually 70-95% – if you invest $100 you will receive a credit of $170 – $195 on a successful trade. This makes risk management and trading decisions much more simple. The outcome is always a Yes or No answer – you either win it all or you lose it all – hence it being a “binary” option. The risk and reward is known in advance and this structured payoff is one of the attractions.
Exchange traded binaries are also now available, meaning traders are not trading against the broker.
To get started trading you first need a regulated broker account (or licensed). Pick one from the recommended brokers list, where only brokers that have shown themselves to be trustworthy are included. The top broker has been selected as the best choice for most traders.
If you are completely new to binary options you can open a demo account with most brokers, to try out their platform and see what it’s like to trade before you deposit real money.
Introduction Video – How to Trade Binary Options
These videos will introduce you to the concept of binary options and how trading works. If you want to know even more details, please read this whole page and follow the links to all the more in-depth articles. Binary trading does not have to be complicated, but as with any topic you can educate yourself to be an expert and perfect your skills.
The most common type of binary option is the simple “Up/Down” trade. There are however, different types of option. The one common factor, is that the outcome will have a “binary” result (Yes or No). Here are some of the types available:
- Up/Down or High/Low – The basic and most common binary option. Will a price finish higher or lower than the current price a the time of expiry.
- In/Out, Range or Boundary – This option sets a “high” figure and “low” figure. Traders predict whether the price will finish within, or outside, of these levels (or ‘boundaries’).
- Touch/No Touch – These have set levels, higher or lower than the current price. The trader has to predict whether the actual price will ‘touch’ those levels at any point between the time of the trade an expiry.
Note with a touch option, that the trade can close before the expiry time – if the price level is touched before the option expires, then the “Touch” option will payout immediately, regardless of whether the price moves away from the touch level afterwards.
- Ladder – These options behave like a normal Up/Down trade, but rather than using the current strike price, the ladder will have preset price levels (‘laddered’ progressively up or down).These can often be some way from the current strike price.As these options generally need a significant price move, payouts will often go beyond 100% – but both sides of the trade may not be available.
How to Trade – Step by Step Guide
Below is a step by step guide to placing a binary trade:
- Choose a broker – Use our broker reviews and comparison tools to find the best binary trading site for you.
- Select the asset or market to trade – Assets lists are huge, and cover Commodities, Stocks, Cryptocurrency, Forex or Indices. The price of oil, or the Apple stock price, for example.
- Select the expiry time – Options can expire anywhere between 30 seconds up to a year.
- Set the size of the trade – Remember 100% of the investment is at risk so consider the trade amount carefully.
- Click Call / Put or Buy / Sell – Will the asset value rise or fall? Some broker label buttons differently.
- Check and confirm the trade – Many brokers give traders a chance to ensure the details are correct before confirming the trade.
Choose a Broker
Options fraud has been a significant problem in the past. Fraudulent and unlicensed operators exploited binary options as a new exotic derivative. These firms are thankfully disappearing as regulators have finally begun to act, but traders still need to look for regulated brokers.
Note! Don’t EVER trade with a broker or use a service that’s on our blacklist and scams page, stick with the ones we recommend here on the site. Here are some shortcuts to pages that can help you determine which broker is right for you:
- Compare all brokers – if you want to compare the features and offers of all recommended brokers.
- Bonuses and Offers – if you want to make sure you get extra money to trade with, or other promotions and offers.
- Low minimum deposit brokers – if you want to trade for real without having to deposit large sums of money.
- Demo Accounts – if you want to try a trading platform “for real” without depositing money at all.
- Halal Brokers – if you are one of the growing number of Muslim traders.
The number and diversity of assets you can trade varies from broker to broker. Most brokers provide options on popular assets such as major forex pairs including the EUR/USD, USD/JPY and GBP/USD, as well as major stock indices such as the FTSE, S&P 500 or Dow Jones Industrial. Commodities including gold, silver, oil are also generally offered.
Individual stocks and equities are also tradable through many binary brokers. Not every stock will be available though, but generally you can choose from about 25 to 100 popular stocks, such as Google and Apple. These lists are growing all the time as demand dictates.
The asset lists are always listed clearly on every trading platform, and most brokers make their full asset lists available on their website. This information is also available within our reviews, including currency pairs.
The expiry time is the point at which a trade is closed and settled. The only exception is where a ‘Touch’ option has hit a preset level prior to expiry. The expiry for any given trade can range from 30 seconds, up to a year. While binaries initially started with very short expiries, demand has ensured there is now a broad range of expiry times available. Some brokers even give traders the flexibility to set their own specific expiry time.
Expiries are generally grouped into three categories:
- Short Term / Turbo – These are normally classed as any expiry under 5 minutes
- Normal – These would range from 5 minutes, up to ‘end of day’ expiries which expire when the local market for that asset closes.
- Long term – Any expiry beyond the end of the day would be considered long term. The longest expiry might be 12 months.
While slow to react to binary options initially, regulators around the world are now starting to regulate the industry and make their presence felt. The major regulators currently include:
- Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) – UK regulator
- Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySec) – Cyprus Regulator, often ‘passported’ throughout the EU, under MiFID
- Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) – US regulator
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC)
There are also regulators operating in Malta and the Isle of Man. Many other authorities are now taking a keen a interest in binaries specifically, notably in Europe where domestic regulators are keen to bolster the CySec regulation.
Unregulated brokers still operate, and while some are trustworthy, a lack of regulation is a clear warning sign for potential new customers.
Recently, ESMA (European Securities and Markets Authority) moved to ban the sale and marketing of binary options in the EU. The ban however, only applies to brokers regulated in the EU. This leaves traders two choices to keep trading: Firstly, they can trade with an unregulated firm – this is extremely high risk and not advisable. Some unregulated firms are responsible and honest, but many are not.
The second choice is to use a firm regulated by bodies outside of the EU. ASIC in Australia are a strong regulator – but they will not be implementing a ban. This means ASIC regulated firms can still accept EU traders. See our broker lists for regulated or trusted brokers in your region.
There is also a third option. Traders who register as ‘professional’ are exempt from the new ban. The ban is only designed to protect ‘retail’ investors. A professional trader can continue trading at EU regulated brokers such as IQ Option. To be classed as professional, an account holder must meet two of these three criteria:
- Open 10 or more trades per quarter, of €150 or more.
- Have assets of €500,000 or more
- Have worked for two years in a financial firm and have experience of financial products.
Strategies and Guides
We have a lot of detailed guides and strategy articles for both general education and specialized trading techniques. Below are a few to get you started if you want to learn the basic before you start trading. From Martingale to Rainbow, you can find plenty more on the strategy page.
Signals and Other Services
For further reading on signals and reviews of different services go to the signals page.
If you are totally new to the trading scene then watch this great video by Professor Shiller of Yale University who introduces the main ideas of options:
Education for beginners:
Types of Trades
How to Set Up a Trade
The ability to trade the different types of binary options can be achieved by understanding certain concepts such as strike price or price barrier, settlement, and expiration date. All trades have dates at which they expire.
When the trade expires, the behaviour of the price action according to the type selected will determine if it’s in profit (in the money) or in a loss position (out-of-the-money). In addition, the price targets are key levels that the trader sets as benchmarks to determine outcomes. We will see the application of price targets when we explain the different types.
There are three types of trades. Each of these has different variations. These are:
Let us take them one after the other.
Also called the Up/Down binary trade, the essence is to predict if the market price of the asset will end up higher or lower than the strike price (the selected target price) before the expiration. If the trader expects the price to go up (the “Up” or “High” trade), he purchases a call option. If he expects the price to head downwards (“Low” or “Down”), he purchases a put option. Expiry times can be as low as 5 minutes.
Please note: some brokers classify Up/Down as a different types, where a trader purchases a call option if he expects the price to rise beyond the current price, or purchases a put option if he expects the price to fall below current prices. You may see this as a Rise/Fall type on some trading platforms.
The In/Out type, also called the “tunnel trade” or the “boundary trade”, is used to trade price consolidations (“in”) and breakouts (“out”). How does it work? First, the trader sets two price targets to form a price range. He then purchases an option to predict if the price will stay within the price range/tunnel until expiration (In) or if the price will breakout of the price range in either direction (Out).
The best way to use the tunnel binaries is to use the pivot points of the asset. If you are familiar with pivot points in forex, then you should be able to trade this type.
This type is predicated on the price action touching a price barrier or not. A “Touch” option is a type where the trader purchases a contract that will deliver profit if the market price of the asset purchased touches the set target price at least once before expiry. If the price action does not touch the price target (the strike price) before expiry, the trade will end up as a loss.
A “No Touch” is the exact opposite of the Touch. Here you are betting on the price action of the underlying asset not touching the strike price before the expiration.
There are variations of this type where we have the Double Touch and Double No Touch. Here the trader can set two price targets and purchase a contract that bets on the price touching both targets before expiration (Double Touch) or not touching both targets before expiration (Double No Touch). Normally you would only employ the Double Touch trade when there is intense market volatility and prices are expected to take out several price levels.
Some brokers offer all three types, while others offer two, and there are those that offer only one variety. In addition, some brokers also put restrictions on how expiration dates are set. In order to get the best of the different types, traders are advised to shop around for brokers who will give them maximum flexibility in terms of types and expiration times that can be set.
Trading via your mobile has been made very easy as all major brokers provide fully developed mobile trading apps. Most trading platforms have been designed with mobile device users in mind. So the mobile version will be very similar, if not the same, as the full web version on the traditional websites.
Brokers will cater for both iOS and Android devices, and produce versions for each. Downloads are quick, and traders can sign up via the mobile site as well. Our reviews contain more detail about each brokers mobile app, but most are fully aware that this is a growing area of trading. Traders want to react immediately to news events and market updates, so brokers provide the tools for clients to trade wherever they are.
What Does Binary Options Mean?
“Binary options” means, put very simply, a trade where the outcome is a ‘binary’ Yes/No answer. These options pay a fixed amount if they win (known as “in the money”), but the entire investment is lost, if the binary trade loses. So, in short, they are a form of fixed return financial options.
How Does a Stock Trade Work?
Steps to trade a stock via a binary option;
- Select the stock or equity.
- Identify the desired expiry time (The time the option will end).
- Enter the size of the trade or investment
- Decide if the value will rise or fall and place a put or call
The steps above will be the same at every single broker. More layers of complexity can be added, but when trading equities the simple Up/Down trade type remains the most popular.
Put and Call Options
Call and Put are simply the terms given to buying or selling an option. If a trader thinks the underlying price will go up in value, they can open a call. But where they expect the price to go down, they can place a put trade.
Different trading platforms label their trading buttons different, some even switch between Buy/Sell and Call/Put. Others drop the phrases put and call altogether. Almost every trading platform will make it absolutely clear which direction a trader is opening an option in.
Are Binary Options a Scam?
As a financial investment tool they in themselves not a scam, but there are brokers, trading robots and signal providers that are untrustworthy and dishonest.
The point is not to write off the concept of binary options, based solely on a handful of dishonest brokers. The image of these financial instruments has suffered as a result of these operators, but regulators are slowly starting to prosecute and fine the offenders and the industry is being cleaned up. Our forum is a great place to raise awareness of any wrongdoing.
These simple checks can help anyone avoid the scams:
- Marketing promising huge returns. This is clear warning sign. Binaries are a high risk / high reward tool – they are not a “make money online” scheme and should not be sold as such. Operators making such claims are very likely to be untrustworthy.
- Know the broker. Some operators will ‘funnel’ new customer to a broker they partner with, so the person has no idea who their account is with. A trader should know the broker they are going to trade with! These funnels often fall into the “get rich quick” marketing discussed earlier.
- Cold Calls. Professional brokers will not make cold calls – they do not market themselves in that way. Cold calls will often be from unregulated brokers interested only in getting an initial deposit. Proceed extremely carefully if joining a company that got in contact this way. This would include email contact as well – any form of contact out of the blue.
- Terms and Conditions. When taking a bonus or offer, read the full terms and conditions. Some will include locking in an initial deposit (in addition to the bonus funds) until a high volume of trades have been made. The first deposit is the trader’s cash – legitimate brokers would not claim it as theirs before any trading. Some brokers also offer the option of cancelling a bonus if it does not fit the needs of the trader.
- Do not let anyone trade for you. Avoid allowing any “account manager” to trade for you. There is a clear conflict of interest, but these employees of the broker will encourage traders to make large deposits, and take greater risks . Traders should not let anyone trade on their behalf.
Which Are The Best Trading Strategies?
Binary trading strategies are unique to each trade. We have a strategy section, and there are ideas that traders can experiment with. Technical analysis is of use to some traders, combined with charts, indicators and price action research. Money management is essential to ensure risk management is applied to all trading. Different styles will suit different traders and strategies will also evolve and change.
There is no single “best” strategy. Traders need to ask questions of their investing aims and risk appetite and then learn what works for them.
Are Binary Options Gambling?
This will depend entirely on the habits of the trader. With no strategy or research, then any short term investment is going to win or lose based only on luck. Conversely, a trader making a well researched trade will ensure they have done all they can to avoid relying on good fortune.
Binary options can be used to gamble, but they can also be used to make trades based on value and expected profits. So the answer to the question will come down to the trader.
Advantages of Binary Trading
The main benefit of binaries is the clarity of risk and reward and the structure of the trade.
Minimal Financial Risk
If you have traded forex or its more volatile cousins, crude oil or spot metals such as gold or silver, you will have probably learnt one thing: these markets carry a lot of risk and it is very easy to be blown off the market. Things like leverage and margin, news events, slippages and price re-quotes, etc can all affect a trade negatively. The situation is different in binary options trading. There is no leverage to contend with, and phenomena such as slippage and price re-quotes have no effect on binary option trade outcomes. This reduces the risk in binary option trading to the barest minimum.
The binary options market allows traders to trade financial instruments spread across the currency and commodity markets as well as indices and bonds. This flexibility is unparalleled, and gives traders with the knowledge of how to trade these markets, a one-stop shop to trade all these instruments.
A binary trade outcome is based on just one parameter: direction. The trader is essentially betting on whether a financial asset will end up in a particular direction. In addition, the trader is at liberty to determine when the trade ends, by setting an expiry date. This gives a trade that initially started badly the opportunity to end well. This is not the case with other markets. For example, control of losses can only be achieved using a stop loss. Otherwise, a trader has to endure a drawdown if a trade takes an adverse turn in order to give it room to turn profitable. The simple point being made here is that in binary options, the trader has less to worry about than if he were to trade other markets.
Greater Control of Trades
Traders have better control of trades in binaries. For example, if a trader wants to buy a contract, he knows in advance, what he stands to gain and what he will lose if the trade is out-of-the-money. This is not the case with other markets. For example, when a trader sets a pending order in the forex market to trade a high-impact news event, there is no assurance that his trade will be filled at the entry price or that a losing trade will be closed out at the exit stop loss.
The payouts per trade are usually higher in binaries than with other forms of trading. Some brokers offer payouts of up to 80% on a trade. This is achievable without jeopardising the account. In other markets, such payouts can only occur if a trader disregards all rules of money management and exposes a large amount of trading capital to the market, hoping for one big payout (which never occurs in most cases).
In order to trade the highly volatile forex or commodities markets, a trader has to have a reasonable amount of money as trading capital. For instance, trading gold, a commodity with an intra-day volatility of up to 10,000 pips in times of high volatility, requires trading capital in tens of thousands of dollars. However, binary options has much lower entry requirements, as some brokers allow people to start trading with as low as $10.
Disadvantages of Binary Trading
Reduced Trading Odds for Sure-Banker Trades
The payouts for binary options trades are drastically reduced when the odds for that trade succeeding are very high. While it is true that some trades offer as much as 85% payouts per trade, such high payouts are possible only when a trade is made with the expiry date set at some distance away from the date of the trade. Of course in such situations, the trades are more unpredictable.
Lack of Good Trading Tools
Some brokers do not offer truly helpful trading tools such as charts and features for technical analysis to their clients. Experienced traders can get around this by sourcing for these tools elsewhere; inexperienced traders who are new to the market are not as fortunate. This is changing for the better though, as operators mature and become aware of the need for these tools to attract traders.
Limitations on Risk Management
Unlike in forex where traders can get accounts that allow them to trade mini- and micro-lots on small account sizes, many binary option brokers set a trading floor; minimum amounts which a trader can trade in the market. This makes it easier to lose too much capital when trading binaries. As an illustration, a forex broker may allow you to open an account with $200 and trade micro-lots, which allows a trader to expose only acceptable amounts of his capital to the market. However, you will be hard put finding many binary brokers that will allow you to trade below $50, even with a $200 account. In this situation, four losing trades will blow the account.
Cost of Losing Trades
Unlike in other markets where the risk/reward ratio can be controlled and set to give an edge to winning trades, the odds of binary options tilt the risk-reward ratio in favour of losing trades.
When trading a market like the forex or commodities market, it is possible to close a trade with minimal losses and open another profitable one, if a repeat analysis of the trade reveals the first trade to have been a mistake. Where binaries are traded on an exchange, this is mitigated however.
Spot Forex vs Binary Trading
These are two different alternatives, traded with two different psychologies, but both can make sense as investment tools. One is more TIME centric and the other is more PRICE centric. They both work in time/price but the focus you will find from one to the other is an interesting split. Spot forex traders might overlook time as a factor in their trading which is a very very big mistake. The successful binary trader has a more balanced view of time/price, which simply makes him a more well rounded trader. Binaries by their nature force one to exit a position within a given time frame win or lose which instills a greater focus on discipline and risk management. In forex trading this lack of discipline is the #1 cause for failure to most traders as they will simply hold losing positions for longer periods of time and cut winning positions in shorter periods of time. In binary options that is not possible as time expires your trade ends win or lose. Below are some examples of how this works.
Above is a trade made on the EUR/USD buying in an under 10 minute window of price and time. As a binary trader this focus will naturally make you better than the below example, where a spot forex trader who focuses on price while ignoring the time element ends up in trouble. This psychology of being able to focus on limits and the dual axis will aid you in becoming a better trader overall.
The very advantage of spot trading is its very same failure – the expansion of profits exponentially from 1 point in price. This is to say that if you enter a position that you believe will increase in value and the price does not increase yet accelerates to the downside, the normal tendency for most spot traders is to wait it out or worse add to the losing positions as they figure it will come back. The acceleration in time to the opposite desired direction causes most spot traders to be trapped in unfavourable positions, all because they do not plan time into their reasoning, and this leads to a complete lack of trading discipline.
The nature of binary options force one to have a more complete mindset of trading off both Y = Price Range and X = Time Range as limits are applied. They will simply make you a better overall trader from the start. Conversely on the flip side, they by their nature require a greater win rate as each bet means a 70-90% gain vs a 100% loss. So your win rate needs to be on average 54%-58% to break even. This imbalance causes many traders to overtrade or revenge trade which is just as bad as holding/adding to losing positions as a spot forex trader. To successfully trade you need to practice money management and emotional control.
In conclusion, when starting out as a trader, binaries might offer a better foundation to learn trading. The simple reasoning is that the focus on TIME/PRICE combined is like looking both ways when crossing the street. The average spot forex trader only looks at price, which means he is only looking in one direction before crossing the street. Learning to trade taking both time and price into consideration should aid in making one a much overall trader.
5 Reasons Why Binary Options Trading Makes Sense
5 Reasons Why Binary Options Trading Makes Sense
There are a number of options open for people who gamble, apart from land-based or online casinos. There are the sports books, poker rooms, and also binary options trading.
Today, more and more people are engaging in binary options trading because it deals directly with the financial markets and offers high returns. People engaging in this form of gambling can trade a range of financial components, including cash and assets, across multiple markets. The lure is greater rewards in a shorter time span.
There are a number of advantages that binary options trading offers people who engage in it. The biggest draw is that it is very simple and offers large rewards. On this page we list out for you the five major advantages of trading in binary options. We will also list out a few disadvantages that it may offer.
Five Top Advantages of Binary Options Trading
The following are five advantages that binary options trading offers. These are why more and more people are opting for this cool option nowadays.
It is simple. Trading in binary options is very simple and easy. All you need to do is follow the few basic steps and you are on. The first step is to identify and zero in on a broker who can help you trade. If you have an Internet connection and are looking to engage in binary options trading online, it is one of the simplest things to do. Select a broker and then make a deposit; that is enough to get you off the blocks.
The trading process itself is a piece of cake. All you have to do is make a prediction on whether the asset will go up or nosedive. What is amazing is that even this you do not have to do n your own; there is software to help you make that choice. So this is all you do once you have selected a broker: pick the asset and then pick the direction it will go; the next step is to enter the amount you want to spend on that trade and hit Send. Now all you have to do is track the trade.
- You can start off with low investments. The best thing about binary options trading is that you do not necessarily have to bet high. You can start off with low investments till you get the hang of it. And even once you are good at it, you can continue to bet small. The returns may not be as high as if you bet big, but they are sufficient to get you to continue.
- The risk involved is minimal and limited. Because you can engage in binary trading with the least amount of money, the risks are also limited. Effectively, the degree of risk is for you to decide: you could go in with minimal risk or jump in with a big element of risk. One thing that works for you is that you know how much you will win or lose based on the amount you are betting or investing. This allows you to pick the amount and limit the amount of risk you expose yourself to. You take a calculated risk, and that can translate to big reward if all goes well.
- The returns are high and come in fast. One area where binary options trading differs from the standard financial trading is in the amount of time a trade is valid for; the expire timeframes are shorter in this form of trading. Adding to this short time frame is the stupendously high returns involved with some trades; the returns could be as high as 90% if all goes well and luck is on your side. So imagine a trade that takes all of 15 minutes and gets you a return of 80%-90% – that is financial profit heaven. You trade quick, trade safe, and get good returns.
- Your trading is not dependent on marketing conditions. The best thing about binary options trading is that the fact of your winning is not dependent on prevalent marketing conditions. You can win regardless of whether the price of the asset you have put your money on is rising or falling. All you need to do is be aware of the different strategies that you can adopt. Adopting the right strategies can lead to you winning way more than what you ordinarily would have. Another way of maximizing wins is to track the financial markets; this allows you to be aware of when the prices are climbing skywards so you can sell and make your profits.
The Best Binary Options Broker 2020!
Perfect Choice For Beginners!
Free Demo Account!
Free Trading Education!
Get Your Sing-Up Bonus Now!
Only For Experienced Traders!
- Strike price – This is the price of the underlying asset that you are interested in at the time you are purchasing the option.
- Call – When you predict that the item that you are trading will increase in price by the expiry time of the contract that you have chosen, this is called a call option. You will earn money based on the percentage provided.
- Put – If you predict that the price of the underlying asset or commodity you are trading at will fall by a given time, you will earn money based on the given percentage.
- In the money – If it happens that your prediction was right and the price of the asset went towards the direction you said, then you win the money. You are then considered to be in-the-money.
- Out of money – If it happens that your prediction was wrong, you lose your investment and it’s said you are out-of-money.
- At-the-money – If by the time the option contract is expiring, the asset’s price (strike price) has neither gone up nor down, then this is called at-the-money and you retain the initial investment you had. This rarely happens.
- Stock –Stock, as some people refer to shares of a company, means the normal stock of a company that are traded in the financial markets such as Dow Jones, NASDAQ or NIKKEI. Examples of stock include Google, Vodafone, Coca-Cola, Barclays, and Facebook.
- Expiry time – This is the time that the option that you have chosen will expire. Once an option has expired, it becomes void and cannot continue trading. Expiry times vary from one broker to the next and they can start from as short a time as 60 seconds, 15 minutes, 1 hour or 24 hours.
- A broker – This is a firm that enters into an agreement with an investor such as yourself to enable you to trade in options. Note that the broker is not a broker per se because they determine the payouts and don’t act on behalf of anyone. There are numerous options to choose from and one should investigate the available avenues.
- Investment money – This is the amount of money that you have invested in an option.
Disadvantages of Binary Options Trading
There are a couple of minor disadvantages associated with binary options trading. The first is critical if you are a person who is cautious when it comes to your finances.
Binary options trading gives you big wins, yes, but the converse is also true: there is also the possibility of losing big. There is in fact the possibility of losing 100% of the principal amount you invested. Of course, some traders offer sops to offset such an eventuality and increase the allure of binary options trading: you may end up getting a small percentage of returns on the money invested even in the case of a loss, anywhere between 5% to 15% of the amount you invested in the trade.
Regulation can be another sticky issue: because binary options trading is relatively new there is not much clarity by way of the regulations in place to monitor and regulate this form of trading. As a result, you may actually find a number of brokers who do not come under the regulatory ambit. The key, therefore, is to search out regulated brokers. You can do this by putting out a search using the relevant keywords online
About the Author
Clive Nelson Author
Hi, my name is Clive Nelson and welcome to Traders Bible. Just to tell you bit about myself…I have been trading FX and binary options for the best part of 10 years now. After graduating with honours in economics, I began working for an investment bank in New York as an assistant trader before working my way up. After a few years, I went on to work as a broker in London, England and then eventually came back to the U.S to work in a hedge fund, where I manage $800 million of my clients’ investments. There have been times over the course of my career where I’ve had to take a hit, but I’ve accepted that losing is part of the game, it’s a learning curve. I’ve learnt from my mistakes and you don’t have to make the same errors I did. A lot of my education came from when I was a broker and this is why I’m here to tell you that Traders’ Bible offers you the foundations of how to become a great trader.
Key Basics You Should Know Before Trading Binary Options
In order to better understand what a binary option is and how you can trade it, you will need to
The article was written by Connor Harrison from Binary Brokers (BBZ). BBZ makes an effort to educate their traders so that they can understand recommendations regarding binary options, international legislation, risk management and other issues related to trading.
Trading has indeed evolved. Some of the recognized forms of trading can be traced back to the ancient Chinese dynasties of the BC years through to the Babylonian times and down to the 19 th century when stock markets came into play. In modern times, there is the option market, which has inhaled fresh breath into the industry and which is becoming popular steadily and fast. Binary options are one of those new fresh breaths that makes the world of finance trade exciting and full of surprises!
So what is a binary option?
A binary option can simply be defined as that kind of ‘option’ whose predetermined payout entirely depends on a yes or no proposition. The two outcomes can either be you gaining money or losing your initial investment. It is for this reason that many people refer to them as cash-or-nothing options.
You might be wondering what an option is in financial trading. Well, it is a form of contract whereby you get the right to sell or buy an underlying asset at a particular given price called the strike price on a certain date and which will expire at a given future date. Notice that you have the right and are not under obligation to buy or sell the option. You can withdrawal your investment before the expiration time comes. There are numerous websites that one can visit to gain better insight on the different options that you can trade in today.
An underlying asset is important in the trading of options. It is the asset or commodity that you will derive the price of what you are trading from. A good example would be, a person buying 100 shares of Facebook Company. The underlying asset is Facebook.
FBS Launches Online Trading School – FBS Trading BootcampGo to article >>
Important terms used in binary options trading
For us to understand in a better way what a binary option is and how you can trade it, you will need to understand some terms. They include:
Let’s look at an illustration
To get a better understanding of what a binary option is, let’s say you have with you $200 and you decide to try trading in one of the many binary option platforms available today. You will be required to set up an account where you will deposit the $200.
In the trading arena, you will find many underlying assets including commodities such as gold and silver, and currencies such as CAD, GBP, AUSD, JPY, USD and so on. There will be a call option and a put option for every other underlying asset. The call and the put options for Vodafone say that you will get 70% of your investments if you are right. However, if you predict that the share price of Vodafone will go up (call) and it doesn’t by the time you predicted, you will lose all your money (some brokers offer a 15% consolation payout if you are wrong in your prediction.) You decide to take $20 off your $200 from your account and click on ‘call’ button which has a final payout of 70% in 15 minutes.
The money will be debited from your account and after 15 minutes if the graph line shows that the ‘strike price’ is lower than the current price, you are in the money. Your account will be credited with $14 plus the initial investment of $20. This means that your account will have a total of $214. If however, the market price of the Vodafone shares is below the ‘strike price’ you will lose all the $20 you invested depending on the broker.
It is pretty simple now to understand why many people refer to binary options as all-or-nothing. Be sure to note that trading in binary options is not a feasible route for everyone. There is always another person on the other side who also wants to reap big. Devising a strategy and sticking to it is one of the important aspects of binary option trading. This helps one from being tempted to fall into the temptation of putting all your money in one investment which is unwise even in other contemporary types of trades.
The Best Binary Options Broker 2020!
Perfect Choice For Beginners!
Free Demo Account!
Free Trading Education!
Get Your Sing-Up Bonus Now!
Only For Experienced Traders!